"These two words, nerd and geek, are frequently used interchangeably. However, this does a great disservice to all nerds and geeks who wear the badge of their respective anti-social lifestyle choice with pride. For this reason I feel that it is of the utmost importance that we correctly define the two terms.
Geek

A geek can best be defined as one who maintains an excessive fascination with a single thing or collection of things. I use the more general term thing only because there is a wide range of fascinations available which may qualified as geeky. Some have asserted that the object of obsession must be one that is not considered to be socially acceptable or commonly observed from the majority of inhabitants of any give society."

COURTESY OF WWW.HAPPYQUARK.COM

STEPHEN REDHEAD

STEPHEN REDHEAD
ANTI-HERO

Monday, November 29, 2010

Rest In Peace: Leslie Nielsen


I'm going to keep it SO real for ya'll...

This man's films have been a HUGE influence on me as a young kid. Watching the Naked Gun series, the Airplane! movies, as well as his hilarious but underrated Dracula: Dead & Loving It with Mel Brooks (also one of my favorite guys ever) really developed my own sense of humor.  They used to call him eccentric in his demeanor and his idea of being lost and confused by the environment around him, but in all honestly he was a muthafuckin GENIUS!!! And I can't begin to describe how upset I was when I heard the news that he died last night due to complications with pnuemonia. Even though he was 84 years old and lived a long, prosperous life, I still can't imagine the idea that he's gone forever. I knew he was living nice and quietly in Florida, but that was all that was really said about him after the movies.  Plus, he was probably one of the few white guys who backed up OJ Simpson during his craziness in the mid-90s.  He is a legend in my mind and a true comedic actor.  I seriously hope he gets an award, atleast an MTV Award or something.  This generation needs to understand what his type of physical comedy and his signature delivery when telling jokes.  He was one of a kind, he was fearless, and talented.

Rest In Peace good sir.  Just know that your influence was brought onto a rapper named Redhead. Who would've thought, right? Exactly, and I won't call you Shirley.





No comments:

Post a Comment